Sermons can give you answers to all your questions and help you in complicated life situation. Our pastor puts his heart and soul to message to you Jesus’s words to guide you through your life.
By pastor obiageli igboanugo
The bible tells us in the book of 1 Corinthians 9:25:
25. And every man that strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we incorruptible.
This bible passage here tells us that as we continue in our everyday life to pursue the mastery of a particular field inorder to be crowned, recognized, or rewarded for our skills; for example individuals’ pursuit to be crowned as Master Chef in the culinary arts or as a master of linguistics etc. All these crowns sought after are corruptible and will eventually fade away, but the crown bestowed on us as Children of God are never fading and incorruptible.
Glory, according to Webster's dictionary, Glory is splendor, shining, flourishing.
The bible says in 2 peter 1 :17:
17. For he received from God the Father honor and glory when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory.
The bible passage here relates the definition of Glory to splendor, brightness, and magnificence. Glory is also associated with the divine presence of God.
These two definitions are meant to give us a broad understanding of what it means to be Crowned with glory. To be Crowned in Glory means to be filled with the totality of Gods Goodness, to bask in the splendor and magnificence of God. The book of Exodus 33:12 tells us of the story of Moses
12. One day Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Take these people up to the Promised Land.’ But you haven’t told me whom you will send with me. You have told me, ‘I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.’
When Moses confronted God about who will accompany him as he led the people to the promised land, he reminded God of his words ‘I know you by name and I look favorable on you’ the King James version of this same scripture reads ‘I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight’. Moses was bold enough to ask God who would accompany him as he led the people to the promise land because he had the favor of God. Favor can only exist when you are being crowned with God’s glory. The lord then replied in Exodus 33:14,
14. “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.”
Prior to this, the people led by Moses had sinned against God and God said he will send an angel to accompany them, but Moses interceded and requested that God be with him as he accompanies the people to the promise land. And in Exodus 33:15-16:
15. Then Moses said, “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place.16. How will anyone know that you look favorably on me—on me and on your people—if you don’t go with us? For your presence among us sets your people and me apart from all other people on the earth.”
From these bible passages we can see that Gods favor upon us is how people know that God is with us, so if we are already living in abundance of favor, it therefore means that God resides in us. The presence of God in our lives as Children of God sets us apart from other individuals in the world, because as God resides within us there is overflowing of grace, favor, splendor etc.
And God replied to Moses in Exodus 33:17:
17. The Lord replied to Moses, “I will indeed do what you have asked, for I look favorably on you, and I know you by name.”
Here we can see how the favor of God grants us petitions, because God is with us, we are favored and as we are favored by God, we can intercede for not just only for ourselves but for others too and because of God’s favor our intercessions are successful. God knows us by our names, as a crowned child of God you are known by your name, God honors us by knowing our names. What glorious and honorable accomplishment for God to know your name.
The book of Exodus 33: 18-19
18. Moses responded, “Then show me your glorious presence.”19. The Lord replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh, [c] before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.
The bible passage expresses to us that the glory of God is the goodness of God, to be Crowned in Glory is to be in the goodness of God. The book of Psalm 65:8-13 (TPT) gives us the benevolent magnificence of the glory of God, to be crowned in the Glory and honor of God means to bask in the beauty, abundance and favor described in Psalms 65:8-13 . The book of Roman 8:17 tells us that we are heirs of God and are co glorified with Christ Jesus and therefore everything that belongs to Jesus belongs to us provided we acknowledge him as our Saviour who died for our sins. And verse thirty of that chapter tells us that we are called by God and whoever is called is justified and who ever is justified is glorified. And remember that to be justified is to be made righteous and have right standing with God. The real question now is why are we glorified by God. The bible tells us in psalms 8:3-6 that we are created only a little lower that Elohim (GOD) meaning the angels are our servants. We are created and crowned with glory and honor. We are the children of God and therefore we are a representation of God on earth. As a child of God, we are to embrace that we are royalty, crowned in the Glory and honor of God, our attitude, environment, behavior etc. should demonstrate that we are not victims of the world, but are crowned children of God.
A lot of individuals continue to live in this world as victims of oppression, poverty, sickness, death etc. and continue to assume the roles of victims in every situation that arises. They fail to recognize that Gods Plan for us as his children is to be glorified and honored and to rule over all things of this earth.
The book of Ephesian 1:22-23
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Ephesians 2:6 also says
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
These bible passages in Ephesians chapter one tells us that Christ is sited on the throne, and everything is beneath his feet and subject to his Authority, chapter two of Ephesians also tells us that as children of God we have been raised up and have been given the privilege to sit where Christ sits. It therefore means we also have that same authority as Christ over all thing, and as children of God the glory that belongs to Jesus belong to us, we are co-glorified with Jesus as said in the book of psalms. This then means that we have no business living as victims of oppression, poverty, sickness, death etc. because God has lifted us up and given us authority over every and all situations. It is the will of God for us to be glorified and honored, so as Children of God it is our right to be above all things and to have authority over principalities and power. I therefore employ every child of God to embrace their inheritance and assume their royal rights and wear this crown of glory and honor.